What to Expect During a Skin Peel
Once it has been determined that your skin would benefit from a skin peel, your skin will be prepped and a peel will be selected based on your specific needs.
The average skin peel procedure doesn’t take longer than 15 minutes and patients are free to return to work following their treatment. However, some patients do choose to go home afterwards depending on the type of peel they have selected.
Once the peel has been applied to your skin, it will be left to take effect for several minutes. Once the peel has been removed, the top layer of skin cells may start to flake depending on the type of peel that was used. Skin peels do create a mild tingling or burning sensation but overall, treatments are not painful.
These are the types of skin peels that we currently offer:
- Blueberry smoothie and enzyme peel for glowing, hydrated skin
- Milk peel for silky smooth and shiny skin
- Enzymatic peel for first time peel patients who are worried about skin sensitivity
- Lactic peel for hydration and anti-ageing (Slight flaking could occur)
- Mask or salicylic peel to banish acne (Slight flaking could occur)
- TCA cosmo peel to exfoliate and refresh the skin as well as lighten pigmentation (Skin will flake)
- Mela peel and Mela peel forte for treating hormonal pigmentation such as melasma (Skin will flake)
- Doctor-strength TCA peel for treating fine lines, wrinkles and pigmentation (7 – 10 Days of downtime is recommended)
You will need to care for your skin very carefully following your peel to protect the fresh new layer from getting damaged.
*All peels are completely safe but preparing the skin one month prior to the peel is recommended